Mergere has an opportunity for a developer in our product development team, developing our software lifecycle management system, based on Apache Maven and Continuum.
The role includes responsibility for all aspects of a project, including helping to identify requirements, designing and documenting specifications, implementing and testing solutions, and managing time lines for the successful and timely delivery of the projects.
Mergere offers a flexible, distributed work environment. We follow the best practices of Community-oriented Realtime Engineering (CoRE) to increase project visibility and lower communication overheads.
Resumes should be sent to brett *at* mergere *dot* com. OpenDocument, PDF or plain text formatted are preferred.
* Design and implementation of Mergere products
* Adhere to the product plans throughout project life cycle
* Identify possible project risks and implement corrective action to ensure project success
* Work with Mergere sales, marketing, architects, and quality assurance, to ensure successful project completion
* Work with Mergere community-oriented engineering team that participate in relevant open source projects
* Work with Mergere client technical services to ensure products meet the requirements of clients
* Participate in ongoing design and process improvements related to planning, development, and delivery of Mergere solutions
* Participate in improving Mergere business practices and processes
* 4+ years experience in software development
* Strong Java programming and design skills
* Knowledge of different development methodologies
* Details and results oriented
* Efficient and effective when working independently, with cross-functional teams.
* Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) and interpersonal skills
* Proven technical and organizational skills
* Thrive on working in a fast-paced environment
* Effective problem solver
* A driven and positive personality
* Able and willing to learn Mergere product offerings
* Experience in using Apache Maven and related tools
* Active involvement with a Java Open Source community
* Able and willing to travel 4-6 weeks per year