Maven 2.0 Beta 1 and its sibling dependency management ant tasks are now out!
Download it from http://maven.apache.org/maven2/download.html
This release includes 206 bug fixes and enhancements since the previous release on 26 June.
The main new features in this release are:
* Further improved dependency management: full support for dependency ranges
* Reactor project aggregation support and summary
* File system discovery of POMs and artifacts to reduce build time and use of local and remote repositories
* Repository metadata support
* System scope dependency support
* Eclipse compiler support, ability to fork compiler
* Ability to automatically bundle sources and javadoc with deployments
* Maven 1.x repository support
* Allow use of setters in mojos for field population
* Ability to separate snapshot repository
* Ability to set minimum Maven version requirement for projects and plugins
* Build extension support
* Bugfixes and enhancements
This release is considered stable with a feature set comparable to Maven 1.0. Further betas and the final are expected to be backwards compatible, with a primary goal of bugfixes, usability improvements, and documentation.
A large number of plugins will be released in the coming week to match the primary Maven 1.0 plugin set.
See Maven Plugin Matrix for more information.
We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:
For news and information, see: