The Apache Maven team are proud to announce the third alpha release of Maven 2.0.
Download it from http://maven.apache.org/maven2/download.html
This release includes 83 bug fixes and enhancements since the previous release on 13 May.
Maven 2.0 is a rewrite of the popular Maven application to achieve a number of goals, and to provide a stable basis to take it into the future. While it can be considered quite stable, and future versions are now expected to retain a high amount of backwards compatibility, this is still a technology preview, and not yet complete or considered ready for a production environment.
The main new features in this release are:
- Improved dependency management
- Build profiles for environment specific settings and dependencies
- Finalised build lifecycle
- Proper handling of derived dependency type such as sources, javadocs and ejb clients
- Beanshell plugin support
- Improved reporting support, including internationalisation.
- Improvements to the Ant tasks
- Better plugin management, with the ability to select specific versions for use
- Various plugin improvements
This release is very near to being feature complete, and the next release will be a feature complete beta-1.
We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:
For news and information, see:
* Maven Blogs: http://www.mavenblogs.com/