The Maven 1.1 Beta is now out. Most will be interested in the reduced memory consumption and Ant 1.6 support, but there are a few other updates and bugfixes as well as all the latest stable plugin releases. It appears stable and should be usable today in most places using Maven 1.0.2.
From the release notes…
This release focuses on the following objectives:
- Integration of Maven 2 technologies such as Maven Wagon, Maven SCM and the new model code
- Ant 1.6.5 support
- Upgrade to later releases of dependencies, in particular Jelly
- Significant improvements in memory usage
- Improved POM layout
With just a few exceptions, Maven 1.1 is backwards compatible with Maven 1.0.
For a full list of changes, please see JIRA.
IMPORTANT: You must ensure that Maven 1.1 is first in your path if you want to have it installed side-by-side with Maven 1.0.2
We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:
- the FAQ: http://maven.apache.org/faq.html
- the maven-user mailing list: http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html
For news and information, see:
- Maven Blogs: http://www.mavenblogs.com/